The Olympic & Amateur Sports Hub
Will Finland Win Gold In Hockey?
- Updated: December 4, 2013
Team Finland has the most Olympic men’s hockey medals in history, including 4 of the last 5 Olympic games, but has never won gold. They hope to change that this year in Sochi, Russia, where they will be placed in Group B with Canada, Norway and Austria. Miko Koivu and Wild teammate Mikael Granlund will join the likes of Jussi Jokinen, legend Teemu Selane, and Miko’s brother Saku on the front lines. Goaltending is Finland’s strongest area, so it will be tough for coaches to choose between Tuukka Rask, Pekka Rinne and Kari Lehtonen. Goaltending alone makes the Finns a medal contender and perhaps the color will be gold this time.
Read more at robthehockeyguy.com
Picture courtesy of Bleacherreport.com
Latest posts by Matt Steiner (see all)
- High School Gym Coach Erin Blair to Referee at Sochi - December 15, 2013
- Mens Bobsled Teams Finish on Top in Park City World Cup - December 10, 2013
- Lars Berger Wins Hochfilzen Biathlon Sprint - December 9, 2013
- Pikus-Pace Crushes Track Record In Skeleton - December 9, 2013
- Chu: Commitment, Honor and Unity - December 9, 2013