The Olympic & Amateur Sports Hub
Will Finland Win Gold In Hockey?
- Updated: December 4, 2013
Team Finland has the most Olympic men’s hockey medals in history, including 4 of the last 5 Olympic games, but has never won gold. They hope to change that this year in Sochi, Russia, where they will be placed in Group B with Canada, Norway and Austria. Miko Koivu and Wild teammate Mikael Granlund will join the likes of Jussi Jokinen, legend Teemu Selane, and Miko’s brother Saku on the front lines. Goaltending is Finland’s strongest area, so it will be tough for coaches to choose between Tuukka Rask, Pekka Rinne and Kari Lehtonen. Goaltending alone makes the Finns a medal contender and perhaps the color will be gold this time.
Read more at robthehockeyguy.com
Picture courtesy of Bleacherreport.com
Latest posts by (see all)
- Quarter million dollar arm? - August 6, 2014
- The G.O.A.T. still has it - August 5, 2014
- Armless man aims to pitch in every MLB stadium - August 4, 2014
- Justin Verlander invites special fan to spend day in his personal suite - August 2, 2014
- Under Armour gets bold with ad featuring ballerina - August 1, 2014